THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Thursday, April 8, 2010

RECOVERY

Have you ever thought if you stand really still the wind won't touch you, surprise it still does. At that point when it hits you, instead of falling on your face you need to let loose and fly with it.

Once I started to try to eat gluten free I forgot my other diet from the gastritis (i.e. low fat, no fiber, no raw vegetables or fruits). It's a little hard to keep track of everything I can't eat when I am standing in a restaurant or grocery store.

Again I have to say these problems that I have, are nothing that what other people have. I once had a diabetic husband that drove me crazy because he insisted on eating everything that was bad for him. Of course diabetes I think is worse than what I have, mainly because I don't have to take shots every day, I can have some sweets, just not all sweets. I have to continually remind myself that if I stick with this diet, 1) it will make me feel better, 2) it will allow me to live longer, and 3) it will hopefully stop any other bad disease that could come my way, such as cancer.

It's when I am feeling pretty good I think I can have anything I want, and then I feel like I am back at square one. I really need to concentrate on what is best for me.

Can you hear me constantly talking to myself. I can't even imagine giving up a bad habit. I can't give up chocolate can you imagine me being a drug head. I would be lost for sure. So in that respect I admire anyone that can give up a bad habit little alone stay on a diet even if they are being forced on it by a disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment