THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Inside the Confessional

Okay today is April 14. I have been in this mess since late August. I had my, who knows how many doctor appointments, today. We went over all the tests and discussed what my options (which were none), and how I was going to deal with my diet for the rest of my life.

Why do we always look at our doctors as being our priest or confessors. So of course I started confessing all of my transgressions. I am sorry doctor for I have sinned, I had a carmel popcorn ball for breakfast for almost everyday for the last month. I know I went over the edge, but someone's got to do it, so why not me. Sorry doctor for I also had candy after candy after candy for Easter and knew I was doing wrong. She immediately informed me that sometimes you have to have a carmel popcorn ball in times of stress, just not every day and maybe not even once a week. She even confessed to me that she had a few for breakfast in her life.


The doctor answered my questions, and a lot became clear. I won't be eating much of anything for the rest of my life. Oh well, I had 52 years of eating anything and being abusive to myself. Just like all the books and internet blogs, they are very optomistic. So right after the appointment I drove down to Williams Sonoma and bought popover pans. I was determined to make every gluten free recipe under the sun and try to disgard those that I didn't like and repeat those I did, just like I was eating everything normal. This was my new normal.

I had found a popover recipe and ran home and decided I was going to make them. For looking slightly different, they actually tasted pretty good. I of course should have made some berry butter to go along, but the regular butter was going to have to do.


I decided everything goes better with a little butter. No doctor I am not having a lot of butter, just a little. Yes I am going to try to stay on my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment