THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

EATING OUT

My first couple of experiences were rough. I made it through, maybe not to my liking, but I did it. I had read that the Outback had a gluten free menu, so guess where the hubby and I went to. It was refreshing to find not only did they have a menu, but the waiters were experienced enough in the subject to make a customer happy. They were gracious and not defensive about it. It did make me feel like I can maybe not conquer this disease, but live with it.

Also with the gastritis problem, I saw the look on my husband's face when I was finished after about 5 bites of my steak, I ate half of my vegetables since I couldn't eat the broccoli, and I shouldn't, but I did eat all of my baked potato, and he just looked at me like we just paid for how much you didn't eat. I have turned into a bird eater. It is sad. But heaven came my way when we had ordered the dessert. It was their brownie sunday. It was so good. I knew at that point there must be a god. Not only did it give me hope to eat out, but gave me hope that there are good pastries, I just have to find them.

My husband and I went out to dinner a couple of nights later and I had taken some advice from a blog, to call beforehand to make sure they have a GF menu. The host indicated that his wife was the chef and she was CD and encourages people to come to the restaurant that are CD. It took a 10 minute conversation on the phone and it made me feel better about it.

It's going to be those restaurants that we just drop into that I am unsure how they are going to react or how I am going to function, but we are going to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment