THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Monday, April 19, 2010

Every day is an up or a down...

Every day is an up or a down and you hope its not both on the same day. Unfortunately sometimes you get both, oh well. The weekend was spending cooking, baking, and more cooking and baking. My husband is never sure what is going to come out of the kitchen. I don't know if I have already told you that I try to starve my husband so hopefully no matter how the dish comes out he is starving enough to just eat it.

I had my grandkids for the weekend and I was determined that I was going to please them, and I was going to try to please me. So I had my recipes all lined up and ready. What do I do as soon as I picked up the kids I headed for KFC. I haven't had KFC in months. When I first had my gall bladder out, the first thing I got sick on was KFC. The grease hit my stomach and I had to live in the bathroom for days.

I got there and immediately asked if their grilled chicken was made with flour. They assured me that it was, I just couldn't do it. I had two tired hungry kids in the car, and one tired hungry husband at home, so I just went ahead and ordered it. By the time I got home I was so hungry I wolfed down the chicken.

While I was at the doctor she gave me the things I could and couldn't eat list. One of the things that I had been eating was catsup, mayo, mustard, and many things that had distilled vinegar. Who know that distilled vinegar was processed with wheat. I became extremely sad. I felt like I was sort of getting a handle on it. I felt proud of myself that I actually was sticking with this diet as well as I had, and to eliminate one more thing was going to just send me over the edge.

I immediately got on the internet the next day and the American Dietitian Association said that distilled vinegar was being taken off the list because it had such a small amount of wheat in it that it shouldn't give you problems. The blogs from other people with really bad celiac said they still have problems. But since I didn't have the bathroom problem like so many others, I felt like I just had to add that back on my do list. So while I was at KFC I ordered potato salad knowing that it might be bad, but at least it could be worse.

The weekend was going to be pizza crust demo day. I was going to make two pizza crusts and have my husband, daughter, and son-in-law taste test so we didn't make anything repetitively bad. Unfortuantely the one they chose was the made from scratch version. I kept saying to my husband I don't even like pizza, so I think I will finish out the ingredients for him and leave the pizza to Papa Murphys and he can eat alone.

The rest of the baking was great coconut carmel brownies, along with a coffee cake to die for. The ups are when you feel that even though you can't have this or that, you can always feed your desire in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment