THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

FIRST GLUTEN FREE BAKING

Even some of my GF friends did not realize that Betty Crocker had four new mixes on the market. The question was, are they in or out of your local grocery store? I didn't want to go down that road in having to order all of my food online, I just wanted to go to a local grocery store and find everything.

Since "Throw Out Day" my husband insisted he didn't want anything in the house that would make me sick. He would adapt and eat what I would eat, thank goodness we don’t' have children living in the house. So I picked up a box of Betty Crocker chocolate chip cookie mix. My husband loves chocolate chip cookies. I prayed the entire time of making them that they would be good.

He took the first bite of those gluten free cookies and realized these aren't the same cookies I use to make. They were 95% good, but still had some problems. The texture was slightly grainy and really sugary. They had a slight after taste that I didn't like. I soon realized, I can live without chocolate chip cookies, there is plenty of candy that has no flour in it. My husband loves those really cheap sandwich cookies which make me gage, guess what I think I will go out and buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment