THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

BON APUKE

I have always believed that husbands are there for one basic reason TO EAT WHAT EVERYBODY ELSE WON'T.

Over the years I have learned a few things in cooking, but you would think by the time I am 50 I should know the basics. I swear I am going to go back to cooking class before I die. The chefs on the cooking channels make it so easy.

I will now confess, I hate the stringy hashbrowns, but my husband loves them. So every once inawhile I feel like I need to make them just to please him. Stupid me. So I fried up some hashbrowns the other day and I don't know if it was the type of potato I used or what, but they turned this horrible gray color. I have since learned from recipes on the web that there was probably too much water in the potatoes when I started cooking them.

My husband loves pancakes. I knew if there was one thing my husband was going to suffer from when I took over this new diet of no wheat it was going to be the wonderful pancakes he loves. I trusted in the brand "Pamela's" for a no wheat pancake mix. I used this brand for other items and I thought they were going to come out not gritty in anyway.

So I fried him up some eggs, cooked up some hashbrowns and baked up some pancakes. He would never ever said anything bad, but I immediately could tell from the way he was chewing that he thought I had gone out to the garden for worms and dirt. Actually the pancakes had a better taste than some pancakes I had made in the past, but not as light and airy as others.

Oh well, you win some you lose some. Bon Apuke

No comments:

Post a Comment