THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NOT FOR DISCUSSION

My husband has a good soul, but not a lot of common sense. I am finding out a lot of men have the same issue. He came home one night so proud of himself that he was trying to help me, he had purchased 10 candy bars for $10. I soon told him "honey look at the label." Not bad, 4 of out of 10 candy bars I could have.

We went out to dinner and he asked should we get the crab stuffed shrimp appetizers. I immediately said "stuffed means bread, no go."

Every time I have to say "I can't have it," I quickly get irritated first that I really can't have it, but more importantly that I have to say that statement in the first place. For some reason that statement seems to allude into a conversation if not an argument especially in my own head. It's tiring for me to say I can't have it. Can you imagine for the people closest to you how irritating it is to continually hear that statement.

The thing I have got mad about the most, is walking into a store and seeing not what I can have, but what I can't have. The comment out of each person that I have told, is "think of all the things you can have." That is so easier said than done.

A boss of mine told me after finding that her son has crone's disease, that she thought his body already knew from the way he ate that he had crones. Through his life, he acknowledged certain foods he just really didn't like, not that he felt sick with them, but that he just didn't like them. To find out those things he didn't like were already eliminated from the crone's diet. So when I was diagnosed I thought of all the things I really didn't like in my past. I really didn't like pasta, bread, or even pizza. I had a hard time drinking certain hard liquors. I never really liked fried foods. I had a hard time eating certain really gasey vegetables or fruits. Those things I really don't like and didn't mind continuing to give them up. It was the occasional bakery cake, or the breakfast pastry that I loved. It was the sauces that had flour in them. It was the cream soup that I loved, that throws my stomach into a screaming pain. The girl scout cookies that everyone dies for once a year. The christmas cakes and cookies I will yearn for.

I know I can probably make most of everything that I do desire with special flour, it is the hassle of not just walking through a bakery and picking up what you want. I will just have to say "no."

No comments:

Post a Comment