THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My Christmas List

During the Christmas time you can become very materialistic. You realize your children and grandchildren are extremely materialistic and even though this is the holiday of Christ’s birth and the reflection of that meaning, it really is the holiday of what Christ and God gave to us. So in the spirit of Christmas, I must reflect on the things that I appreciate the most, mind you they do have some materialistic value, but would I have them without God blessing me with them, no. So as Julie Andrews might say, here are my most favorite things:

1. God (don’t you always have to account for him, or you wouldn’t have the other 49 or more items)
2. Husband (don’t you always have to account for him, or you may not have the other 48 or more items)
3. Children (don’t you always have to account for them, kind of that “unconditional love”)
4. Grandchildren (don’t you just have to account for them, just because they are so dang cute!!!)
5. The rest of the family and relatives, (don’t you just have to account for them, because the other 49 items wouldn’t be able to appreciate you).
6. Good Friends (especially the really good ones they help you appreciate the entire 50)
7. My bosses (without them everything wouldn’t exist)
8. House (i.e. view)
9. Glaus Bakery (esp. Chocolate Rum Cake [now gluten free])
10. Perfect semi-warm ski days, with perfect cold snow, with perfect technique to get down the hill
11. Traveling
12. Beautiful Drives (before the gas crunch)
13. Lazy wintry days, (ok lazy any days)
14. Oprah
15. Turquoise blue skies w/a red sunset
16. Tear jerk movies with buttered popcorn and diet coke (any time “Life is a House”)
17. Breakfast of Champions (Dt. Coke & Donuts (had to change that just recently to gluten free)
18. Restaurants with unbelievable food
19. Baseball games with a cold beer and hot dog (okay maybe once in a year with gluten)
20. Family history that lead into great stories
21. Christmas decorations & lights (lots of lights)
22. St. Patrick’s Day (only holiday you can count on in making you happy, and don’t have to do anything for)
23. Parades (where people can reclaim their youth for just a moment)
24. Impressionism Art
25. Chocolates (Cummings please)
26. Great Music
27. Photos (especially old ones)
28. Going to a spa for a total treatment (I know miracles can happen)
29. My Dreams (no reason for living without them)
30. Talking to my husband, kids, and grandkids on the phone.
31. A real good laugh
32. Knowing I can learn something everyday
33. Halloween at my office
34. Money (I won’t be shy about saying that, it can make you happy)
35. Hot air balloon shows
36. Ethnic carnivals
37. Payday and especially bonus day at my office
38. A good book
39. Casual parties with my friends and a great Manhattan in hand
40. Zoo
41. Beautiful hotels (if you can’t afford to stay in one, check it out anyway)
42. Architecture (love old buildings with great architecture)
43. DVRs (the greatest techno invention ever made)
44. Internet (what did we do before it was invented)
45. Clean house definitely with clean windows
46. Lagoon or Swiss Day caramel apples
47. Cemeteries (go ahead and ask me)
48. Horoscope, end of the full Moon & psychics
49. Absolutely beautiful perfect weather days in my yard (w/no yard work)
50. Last, but definitely not least, my SPYDER on a perfect day.

Like the ghosts from the past and the future, I will revisit this list next year.

Hopefully Santa can bring some things on your list, because I already have my filled. Thanks Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment