THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Monday, May 10, 2010

Rolly Polly

When you get to my age, your life is a bunch of memories, some good, some bad, but their my memories. Today I remembered a big memory.

My first husband and I took the kids to a buffet. We won't mention names of the buffet, but in the interior it had these long conveyor belts that came out of the kitchen and into the main dining area. They would have different items on each conveyor belt specializing in a certain food. Salads were on one, meats on another, etc.

There were only a few families in the restaurant. We noticed this large family sitting across the way. When I say large, I didn't mean in number of members, but we did notice they had quite a few members in their family as well. Now mind you my husband and I were not heavy at all, unlike what I am now.

After we had our fill we started to leave and one of the kids said they needed to go to the bathroom, so off we went. When we got to the hall where the bathrooms were, there was one of the children from this family laying in the middle of the hall rolling back and forth, screaming "I ate too much." Now mind you this child that was around the age of 8 was as heavy as I was at the age of 25. I swore to myself that day I would never have my children or I ever look that bad and never would they roll in the middle of a restaurant screaming "I ate too much." Until today.

I have learned over the last several months with physical problems of my stomach, that if I eat one spoonful too much I swear I am just going to lay down and start screaming. Today I went to Taco Bell, had two hard shell tacos, then I went to the grocery store, had a handfull of candy, by the time I got back to work I thought I was going to start rolling at my desk, screaming "I ate too much."

Moral of this story, only eat as much as your stomach will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment