THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Monday, May 17, 2010

Leftover delight

I blogged last friday about how I was going to use up all of the leftovers in the house. Well we didn't quite make it since I didn't have enough eggs to keep the mixes going. But I did use two recipes out of my first cookbook, "Baking GlutenFree", by Rebecca Reilly. There are two banana bread recipes in the book. One had a small amount of banana in it and the other had four times as much. The one with the large amount of bananas had less ingredients and less seasonings to it. I for sure was thinking that was the one that was not going to taste as well. It was wonderful. The other one that I thought was going to taste better tasted more like a grainer spice cake instead of a good wholesome muffin.

A friend of mine that was trying to cook through a cookbook showed me a cool trick of putting stars and notes next to the recipe. I don't know why it just seems sacrilegious to put notes in a brand new very clean book, even if it is a cookbook. I have this problem that the recipe has to be really bad for me to throw it out. Which in turn I collect a large amount of recipes that I am not sure if one was better than the other. I am soon going to start throwing out recipes since my shelf has got somewhat overloaded.

I did get rid of the stale oranges, bananas and apples I had in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment