THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Friday, July 2, 2010

Cooking with a Friend

I had gone to lunch with a friend when I told her that I had taken my first gluten free cooking class and I was about to take another. She wanted to go even though she wasn't gluten free. I thought that is a friend to go spend good money to go to a class you don't relate to was truly being a friend.

By the time you spend three hours with people that you start liking you wish it didn't end. Or you wish the same people would sign up for another class with you. But knowing my friend was with me it was really fun. We laughed and flung gluten free dough around the room together.

The class was again informative of the flours and how they would react in your hands and while cooking. We made the first macaroni and cheese that I actually could tolerate. The best dish was a tomato tart. It was really good.

It soon dawned on me with a slip of the tongue from my friend that even though these were good items to eat, it still didn't taste normal. After 50 some odd years of tasting the real flour bread and pie tarts, this was pretty bland. The realization of going through all of this effort and it still taste sub par was going to be my challenge for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment