THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Consolitation of Friends, NOT

I soon realized sitting in a room of 12 women that I was getting old and my friends around me were getting as old or older. Not that I don't want to be there for my friends, especially in the time of need and health problems, but I didn't have my feet in the door when everyone's health issues come flying up. I didn't even want to convey my problems, they had enough of their own. I am sure it might have made them feel better if we had compared notes, but if I had I would have to recognize that I was as old as they were and I didn't want to walk that road.

When you are young you visualize when you are old, sitting around with your friends, talking of ailments, doctors, tests, and treatments. All of a sudden one pinochle game turns into the old age ward in some rest home. I love my friends, but I think I need new young vibrant friends, that will encourage my well being not compare my ailments.

No comments:

Post a Comment