THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Monday, July 12, 2010

Camping in the Wild Kitchen

My friends and I went camping. I was in charge of the breakfasts and I thought should I make them gluten free or should I go the conventional way and adapt only my plate into gluten free.

So I took gf pancake mix, bread, cereal mix and cookies. That should cover a weekend. It was perfect. The first breakfast I made was stuffed french toast. I did take along regular french bread for them, but had my bread to adapt the recipe to. Everything tasted wonderful.

The next breakfast was totally gf. I had a breakfast scramble. I fried up some hashbrowns along with some onion. Fried up some bacon. Then I flattened out the hashbrowns in a big skillet, layered tomatoes, cilantro, bacon, scrambled eggs w/milk, and cheese. It was perfect. The girls loved it, and I was happy it worked out as well.

The next morning I heated up leftovers, and of course toasted some of my gf bread. The bread I found was really good at Whole Foods. It was called Canyon .... something. It was great and it looked and tasted just like the real stuff.

My gf cookies were Cowboy Cookies. The flour is of course gf oats, with peanut butter as the base. Then you add of course other things along with chocolate chips, M&Ms, coconut, and raisins. Everyone loved them.

The cereal mix was made with Rice Chex, coconut, and almonds with a corn syrup/sugar sauce.

My friend brought corn tortillas for the fajitas she made. My other friend made her meals simple enough that they really didn't have gluten in them. It was all very very good.

I am getting better at this. I am still trying to expand my recipe collection, but at least I can get through a camping experience without feeling left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment