THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Monday, October 18, 2010

It's o-Kay

I talked in a blog a few back of a friend that became sick with cancer. Her friends were told about a month ago that she had cancer, but some of us were under the assumption she would have more time than a month. She died on Friday, 7:30 a.m. from a very aggressive cancer. This blog is about me being sick and how I am relating to it so I don't really want to stay on the subject of my friend's cancer. I don't even want to reflect on my own ailments. I just want to make a tribute to a dear friend that I have lost.

When you go through something like this, for some reason it really doesn't matter what anyone else has gone through, they might relate, but death is such a personal issue to each one of us, and it hurts. I feel bad that I won't see her smile and be able to talk to her. I feel bad that I didn't say enough while she was still alive. That I took so much for granted. I knew the day would come that one of us six would get sick and die, I am just not ready for it to happen so young and so early.

This woman was 59 years old, not old enough to die and surely not old enough for me to let her go. She was a perfect friend. Not only was she there to help answer questions, but she knew the right questions to ask. She always showed up with a smile on her face no matter what her problem was that week. She was not only a super friend she was a super human being. She had the kindest heart. She was a good employee to all of her bosses. Not only was she super to me, but her family was her life and she would do anything for them. She has lived through a lot in her life, but always had her chin held high but not high enough to not do anything for anyone.

I too have gone through a lot, but as I was mourning my lose, her personality kept resonating through my thoughts and I kept hearing myself say this pain will go away and I will be o-kay one day. I will get use to not having her around and she will be a really good memory and not as much hurt. It will be o-kay. Did I say her name was "Kay."

There aren't many like you Kay and I will surely miss you. Until we see each other again, thank you for the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment