THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Thursday, October 7, 2010

How Sick Are You Really

Well after a summer full of traveling, eating and drinking in weird places, my stomach has taken a toll. It is not so much the celiac that is the problem, I believe it is the food that is full of fiber that I shouldn't eat that creates havoc with my stomach.

Just recently a good friend of 35 years was just diagnosed with cancer. I have lived with cancer in my family and all around me, but not as close as this one has taken. You expect your parents to die and so when my mother contracted lung cancer, I just thought it was the evolution of life. But when a good friend of mine does, even though she is about 7 years older than me, I realize how unstable life can be and it could have happened to me.

Yes she did smoke, yes she definitely over ate (like the rest of us), and yes no exercise. One minute I would see her at lunch vibrant and within a couple of weeks, she looked so sick and withered it was a shock. There is hope that she will recover, I guess there is always hope as long as you are alive, but I fear the worst when the doctors told her that it is in her bones, lymph nodes, and in her lungs.

I don't smoke, but with the new outstanding problems that I have, I truly need to start taking care of myself. I know I will die one day, and I am truly not afraid of it, but I guess the withering and being so sick really bothers me. I would rather be hit by a car, struck by lightening or some instantaneous means of dying than lying in a bed with very little hope and the eventual death, while my family and friends watch me wither away.

There is a good side to lingering, you do get to say your goodbyes, but is there a justice there while your appearance and your behavior is deteriorating your family and friends really want to remember you that way. I don't know I guess I will just have to leave it up to God.

A psychic told me once that I will live to be 80, so that is what I am planning on.

No comments:

Post a Comment