THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Judgment Day

Oh yeah, you knew, sometime or another it had to happen, that I would approach this subject and you would have to deal with it.

I just did a yoga test with my daughter. It was to show what type of personality you are and what you are trying to achieve. Well it showed that both Randi and I had a long way to go to perfection. It showed that your achievement in life was to want less, to ask for less, to desire less, that way you have more room to give, nor more stuff, but more of yourself to give. I definitely feel like I have not accomplished that.

The test also showed that we weren't totally high strung, but strung enough to periodically fuel a fire in an argument or to get upset where the cause doesn't warrant it. The training of yoga is to allow not only your body to learn how to build in different aspects, but also your mind and your character.

It made me think after we took this test and after we had a discussion about the real world, about religion and how religion is always putting Judgment Day around the corner. We agreed that those that live for the golden rules, usually live for the golden rules within their own kind not with those around them that aren't. In particular, the religion that I was raised in, if you talked to anyone within that religion they would say "we're not judgmental, we encourage relationships amongst those that aren't within our religion." From being from both sides of the fence, that its total malarkey.

I find myself constantly justifying to those that are part of my past religion that I am still a good person, a good mother, and a good wife and friend. Just because I don't go to church doesn't mean I am not spiritual,that I am not good, and that I am not worthy having people treat me with the golden rule like they are ordered by their own God.

Over the years I felt a constant pressure of proving myself, now I laugh and think you are the ones being judgmental, thinking you are above all that are not part of your religion. You have been taught life is only right within your own environment and not mine. I heard a saying a long time ago when I actually was going to church, this guy in high authority in the church said, "I was asked once, who do you think will be in heave with you, and I replied, won't you be surprised who will be in heaven, won't you be surprised if I am in heave and won't you be surprised if you are in heaven."

It is a working effort on all people to not just believe in the golden rules, but to actually act upon them to all people, all humans are children of God, not just the ones that walk through the door at church every Sunday. I feel sorry to those that truly believe they are living righteously and they are so wrong. I don't need someone telling me my judgment day is around the corner, and I am less than they are. I know I need to improve, but I can't be any worse than those judging me from every angle. Allow God and myself do the judgment of myself not YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment