THIS BLOG HAS NOT BEEN SUPPLIED WITH ANY PHOTOS - UNLESS YOU WANT TO SEE COLON AND BOWEL IMAGES

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A Happy State of Mind

In spite of my everyday ailments and pain, there is a time in everyone's life that you have a sense of accomplishment and lately it has been mine.  I know I am not getting younger, I may not be able to ski as hard as I did a few years ago, I know I have done what I can for my children, I know that my husband is my husband and hopefully without any great discomfort on one of our parts we will stay together.  I have accepted what ever I can do, as little as that might be, that is the best for right now and that is okay. 

My son just went into the Army, and not that I wasn't already proud of him, but the fact that he made the effort to go into the service at the age of 33 I felt was a great accomplishment on his part.  It is hard to go through basic training.  They treat you tough so you will be tough and it showed in his mannerisms and his face when we showed up that it was tough. 

I am as proud of my two daughters, have they got to the easy part of their life, no, but they have learned a tremendous amount in the last several years.  Life isn't going to be easy sometimes, but you need to keep on growing to get to the good stuff.  They make me exceptionally proud. 

I love my husband and everything that he has given to me, especially in the last couple of years while I have been sick.  He has supported me, watched out for me, and taken care of me when I needed it. 

My grandkids at this point, can they do anything wrong, according to their parents, yes, but with grandma, no.  I love them so much. 

Life is good and in spite of my shortcomings I feel like I am in a very comfortable state of mind.  Hopefully the future will present more of hopefulness of health and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment